- Pairings / Bracket- The First Round and Quarterfinal Round Pairings can be found here. The Class AA First Round and Quarterfinal Round Pairings can be found here.
- Dates / Location / Times - The Division II Class A and Class AA First Round shall take place on Tuesday, October 10, 2023. Division II Class A and Class AA Quarterfinals shall take place on Saturday, October 14, 2023. Schools can mutually agree to play earlier than the dates indicated above.
- Tickets and Passes:
- All tickets are general admission. Tickets are $8 if purchased in advance on GoFan and $10 if purchased at the gate with cash. Everyone school-age and older must purchase a ticket. If you are able to set up your own event in GoFan, please go ahead and do so once the details of the match have been determined. If your school needs help with GoFan, please visit GoFan School Support.
- Each team will be allotted 20 passes by the host school for admitting players, managers, coaches, and other school officials.
- TSSAA ID Cards are allowed to be accepted as passes to admit one person only. The card holder MUST be in possession of the physical card. Photos of ID cards cannot be accepted for admission.
- The Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association (TACA) card will also provide complimentary admittance for the First Round and Quarterfinal Matches. The TACA card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD.
- Cheerleaders in uniform will be admitted free. Each team is limited to 12 cheerleaders for admittance and for cheering during the First Round & Quarterfinal Matches.
- Team Benches & Switching Sides - The home team is designated on the bracket and they will select their team bench first, and teams will not switch sides after each set. However if there is an overhead obstruction within the playable area, or an issue with lighting or sunlight, teams will switch sides after each set.
- Scorer, Libero Tracker & Timer - The host school shall provide the scorer, libero tracker, and timer.
- Game Officials - Game officials will be assigned by the state office. Game fees for officials working the match is $85.00. Mileage shall also be paid at a rate of 30 cents per mile for each official.
- Tournament Rosters - A team may dress 14 players for the First Round Match and Quarterfinal Match. (A team may not have additional players dressed in uniforms and have them wear T-shirts or warm-ups over the uniform.)
- 15 Minute Pre-Match Warm-Up Schedule - The following warm-up schedule shall be followed:
3 Minutes - General Passing (Both Teams on their Side)
6 Minutes - Serving Teams Court
6 Minutes - Receiving Teams Court
THERE SHALL NOT BE SHARED SERVING OR HITTING.
- Line-Judges - The host team shall provide two adult line judges who have no association with the participating teams/schools or secure registered officials from the local assigner.
- Game Balls - The host school shall supply an approved or official volleyball for the match. The Wilson K1 Gold (WTH1895A1) volleyball will be used at the state tournament.
- Financial Arrangements / Reporting - The principal or designee of the host school shall be the Game Director. The Game Director shall make a financial report on the TSSAA Portal based on the financial arrangements listed below:
- Game officials and administrative cost shall be paid first before any team expense is allowed. If receipts are not sufficient to pay the officials and game expenses, the host team and TSSAA shall share these costs and no team expenses shall be allowed.
- The home team shall receive no expenses. Visiting teams within 50 miles of the site match shall receive no expense allowance. Teams over 50 miles away shall receive 36 cents per mile, round trip. No other team expenses will be paid. If receipts are sufficient to pay officials and game expenses, as much as can be paid should be paid toward team expenses. If any receipts remain after all expenses have been paid, they should be divided with the two participating schools and TSSAA, each receiving 33 1/3%. All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
- Video / Videostream / Radio - All media equipment and personnel must be licensed and credentialed members of the press (no parents with cameras). They cannot be in an area that would interfere with play, interfere with the officials or line judges, or subject them or players to harm. They are restricted from the areas immediately behind or in front of the benches and scorekeeper's table. In other areas, from the end of the benches of both teams, they must be at least 6 feet off the court and within three feet of the boundary defining the playing area. They many not stand beside the R1 referee stand to take photographs. During time-outs and between sets, they may not enter the court areas in front of the benches or scorekeeper's table. If a member of the press interferes with a player's legitimate attempt to play the ball, the whistle shall be blown by the referee and a replay awarded to the team. Rules governing videostreaming or other broadcast of a postseason contest are found in the TSSAA Media Regulations.
- State Tournament Program - If your team has not already submitted your team photo, school logo, and team roster please do so immediately. Detailed instructions for submitting your teams information can be found here.
- Submitting Results - Upon completion of the first round match, please email your results to: email@example.com. Quarterfinal match hosts please submit the site and time of your match to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Upon completion of the quarterfinal match, please email your results to: email@example.com.
- State Tournament Guidelines - Information concerning the Girls' Volleyball State Tournament can be found here.