LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL AGENDA March 11, 2015 Murfreesboro, TN
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
- Old Business
- New Business
- Proposed Change to TSSAA Constitution Article III (Board of Control)The TSSAA Staff will explain the proposed changes to Sections 1, 2, and 3 of Article III (Board of Control) of the TSSAA Constitution.
- Proposed Change to TSSAA Constitution Article IV (Legislative Council) The TSSAA Staff will explain the proposed changes to Sections 1, 2, and 3 of the Article III (Legislative Council) of the TSSAA Constitution.
- Proposed Revision to Article II, Section 25 (Home School Rule) of the TSSAA Bylaws. Making two revisions in this bylaw will give home school students enrolled in umbrella programs the opportunity to tryout at their zoned school. It will also help our member schools ensure more academic accountability. The TSSAA staff will explain the recommended changes.
- Proposed Revisions to Article IV, Section 8 (TMSAA Sports Calendar) In an effort to create more consistency regarding the number of weeks of practice and regular season competition, the state office is proposing changes in the TMSAA Sports Calendar. The changes are editorial and would base important dates on the NFHS Standardized Calendar, using the same language as the TSSAA Calendar. The TSSAA staff will explain.
- Litigation Report Mr. Rick Colbert and Ms. Courtney Wilbert, attorneys for the association, will give an update of the litigation involving the association.