Click on the following links to jump directly to the classification data for the sports shown. Lists are sortable by enrollment and school name.
- Division I
- Football (six classes, split evenly)
- Basketball, Baseball, Softball (four classes, split evenly)
- Volleyball (three classes, split evenly by participating schools)
- Soccer (three classes, split evenly by participating schools)
- Track & Field (three classes, split evenly by participating schools)
- Cross Country (two classes based on Track & Field classes, A & AA combined)
- Golf, Tennis (two classes, split evenly by participating schools)
- Wrestling (two classes, split evenly by participating schools)
- Bowling (one class)
- Division II
- Football (three classes, split by defined enrollments)
- Wrestling (one class)
- Bowling (one class)
- Dual Wrestling (two classes based on football classes, A & AA combined)
- All Other Sports (two classes, split by defined enrollment)
- Division I & II
- Girls' Wrestling (one class)
Schools will have until Monday, October 24, 2022 to notify the state office of their wish to move up in any of the above classification plans.
Once the deadline passes, the state office staff, with input from Board members, will set districts and regions and post them to the TSSAA website when complete. District and region alignments will be published no later than one week prior to the Board of Control's November 17, 2022 meeting. Any school that disagrees with their placement can have their appeal heard by the Board of Control at that time.
To be able to guarantee schools Friday-night region contests and better manage the current shortage of officials in many areas of the state, the state office will be setting the region football schedules for 2023 and 2024. The completed region schedules will be posted to the TSSAA website on November 21 at 1 PM central time (2 PM eastern). Region games will be scheduled from Week 3 through Week 11 with a small number of Week 1 and 2 games possible for the largest regions or in areas where there are fewer officiating crews available. Every school will play a Week 11 region game. Week 11 games for Classes 1A/3A/5A/DII-A/DII-AAA will be scheduled for Thursday in 2023 and Friday in 2024. Week 11 games for Classes 2A/4A/6A/DII-AA will be scheduled for Friday in 2023 and Thursday in 2024. Schools will be able to schedule non-region games once the region schedules are published on November 21.