BOARD OF CONTROL MINUTES March 14, 2017 Murfreesboro, TN
- Roll Call
- Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
- Voted to elect Mike Reed as President of the Board of Control. Voted to elect Jerry Mathis as Vice-President of the Board of Control.
- Approved the 2016 BlueCross Bowl Team Allotment Report
- Tabled the Financial Report of the 2017 State Bowling Tournament to the June Meeting
- Approved the Financial Report of the 2016 TSSAA Hall of Champions Games
- Discussed having the President and Vice President of the Board of Control and Legislative Council to be present on a panel at the TIAAA Conference in April.
- Voted to implement a cap for Officials' Assignors' Fees. Fees cannot be increased by more than 10% from the previous year's fee until they reach the cap.
Sport HS Varsity HS JV Freshman Middle School Football $150.00 $20.00 per game $20.00 per game $25.00 per game Basketball $180.00 $10 per game $10 per game $15 per game Soccer $100.00 $10 per game $10 per game $15 per game Volleyball $125.00 $5 per match $5 per match $10 per match Wrestling $85.00 Included Included $10 per match Baseball $125.00 $5 per game $5 per game $10 per game Softball $125.00 $5 per game $5 per game $10 per game
- Voted to approve the proposed Division II Brackets for the 2017-18 school year.
- Approved the request for Collegiate School of Memphis for TSSAA Membership. The Collegiate School of Memphis is a Category 3 accredited school with grades 6 through 12 in Memphis. They play to form cooperative agreements with other member schools. They do not currently offer any TSSAA seanctioned sports.
- Voted to renew the awards contract with A&M Products through the 2019-20 school year.