The TSSAA Playoffs continue this Friday as 24 teams battle for the final 12 spots in the BlueCross Bowl state football title games. Championship games in all nine classes will be held Dec. 2-4, 2021 at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga.
The matchups for the Division II title games on Thursday, Dec. 2 have been set as CPA will face Lipscomb Academy at 11 a.m. eastern, DCA will face Nashville Christian at 3 p.m. eastern, and McCallie will face MBA at 7 p.m. eastern. Tickets for the semifinal and final rounds are available through GoFan.
- South Pittsburg and Cloudland are meeting for the third time in the playoffs. Cloudland won 44-6 in the 2001 semifinals and South Pittsburg won 28-0 in 1987 quarterfinals.
- Peabody and McKenzie will meet in the playoffs for third straight season and four times overall. Peabody has won each of the previous matchups (2014 quarterfinals, 2019 second round, 2020 quarterfinals).
- Hampton and Trousdale County's only previous postseason meeting was in the semfinal round of the 2005 playoff series. Trousdale Co. won 35-0.
- Powell defeated Knoxville West in the state semfinals ten seasons ago (2011) by a 29-6 margin, and won a second round rematch the next season. West returned the favor in the 2019 quarterfinals, advancing past Powell by a 31-14 score.
- Maryville and Oakland meet in the state semfinals for the eighth consecutive season. Maryville has won four of the seven previous meetings. Four of the previous seven contests were decided by 14 points or less. Oakland has won two of the last three (2018, 2020).
- Riverside and Westview, Alcoa and Giles Co., East Nashville and Dyersburg, Elizabethton and Upperman, Tullahoma and Haywood, Page and Henry Co., and Hendersonville and Summit all meet for the first time in the TSSAA playoffs.
- Hampton leads all semfinalists in most playoff runs without a state championship appearance. The team earned its 35th playoff appearance this season and will play its fifth semfinal contest this Friday. Hampton's first playoff appearance was in 1978.
- Powell aims to return to the state championship game for the first time since 2011. Powell played in the state finals in 1991 and 2011.
NFHS Network Games
The NFHS Network will be bringing 20 games to fans that are unable to attend games in person via their live video streaming platform. With an NFHS Network subscription you can watch any and all games for one low monthly or annual fee. The games, which fans can access at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/tssaa/football are:
The full scoreboard, schedules and brackets can be found at https://tssaasports.com/sports/football/.
BlueCross Bowl State Championships
The BlueCross Bowl TSSAA State Football Championships will be held December 2-4, 2021 at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Thursday, Dec. 2
DII-AA Championship Game - 11 AM EST
DII-A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
DII-AAA Championship Game - 7 PM EST
Friday, Dec. 3
Class 3A Championship Game - 11 AM EST
Class 1A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
Class 5A Championship Game - 7 PM EST
Saturday, Dec. 4
Class 4A Championship Game - 11 AM EST
Class 2A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
Class 6A Championship Game - 7 PM EST