The Division II BlueCross Bowl matchups are set and 12 Division I teams will fight for their spot in the championship games this Friday night. Championship games in all nine classes will be held Dec. 3-5, 2020 at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville.
Division II BlueCross Bowl
Thursday, December 3
Division II-AA (11:00 a.m. CST)
Lipscomb Academy vs. CPA
Division II-A (3:00 p.m. CST)
USJ vs. Davidson Academy
Division II-AAA (7:00 p.m. CST)
McCallie vs. MUS
Tickets are on sale now for the Division II championship games, as well as the Division I semifinals at TSSAAsports.com.
Tickets for the Division I championship games will go on sale Saturday at Noon central time at the link above.
NFHS Network Games
With numerous games potentially reaching capacity on Friday, fans will need another way to watch their favorite teams, which they can do by watching multitude of games on the NFHS Network each week.
Nine of the 12 semifinal games will be available on The NFHS Network this Friday for fans that are unable to attend games in person via their live video streaming platform. With an NFHS Network subscription you can watch any and all games for one low monthly or annual fee. The games (with links to the broadcast) are:
Alcoa vs. Red Bank
Oak Ridge vs. South Doyle
Maryville vs. Oakland
Henry County vs. Summit
Haywood vs. Lexington
Elizabethton vs. Nolensville
Bartlett vs. Brentwood
Meigs County vs. Trousdale County
Milan High School vs. Pearl Cohn
All NFHS Network events are available to watch online at NFHSnetwork.com and through the NFHS Network Live App for iOS and Android.
The full scoreboard, schedules and brackets can be found at https://tssaasports.com/sports/football/.
- On the west side of the brackets, five of the six semifinal contests are first-time playoff matchups. There is only one such meeting on the east side.
- Maryville and Oakland meet in the semifinals of the Class 6A playoffs for the seventh consecutive season. Maryville has won four of the six previous meetings.
- Class 6A was created in 2009. Seven of the 11 Class 6A state titles have been won by either Maryville or Oakland.
- Coalfield is in search of its first playoff win over South Pittsburg in the Class 1A semifinals. South Pittsburg has held Coalfield to a total of 46 points in the six previous meetings between the schools, dating back to 1994.
- This is the 20th semifinal playoff appearance for South Pittsburg, but the program is on a three-game losing streak in this round. The school has not won a semifinal contest since 2013, when it last faced Coalfield. South Pittsburg is 11-8 in semifinal games.
- Bartlett makes its first semifinal playoff appearance since 1999 with Friday's meeting against Brentwood. Bartlett has never advanced to a state championship game in football. Brentwood won a state title in the school's only championship appearance in 2002.
- Meigs County and Trousdale County meet for the third-straight season for a spot in the Class 2A championship game. Trousdale County won by three points in 2018, while Meigs County won by two points in 2019.
- Elizabethton and Nolensville line up for a rematch of last season's semifinal game which Elizabethton won 34-12 enroute to a state championship. Last season's meeting was at Elizabethton. This Friday, the teams meet at Nolensville.
- Twelve of the 24 semfinalists have been in a state championship game in the past two seasons. Six semfinalists, however, haven't advanced to the state finals recently: Coalfield (2014), South Pittsburg (2013), Milan (2012), Oak Ridge (2005), Brentwood (2002), Red Bank (2000). Coalfield and Haywood are the only schools out of the 18 that have never won a state football championship.
- Lexington, Nolensville, South-Doyle, Bartlett, Waverly and Fayetteville are all playing for their first school's first bid to the state finals.
- State semifinal appearances from 1969-2020: Maryville (35), Alcoa (25), South Pittsburg (20), Milan (19), Oak Ridge (14), Oakland (13), Lake County (13), Pearl Cohn (10).