In accordance with Board of Control action, the state office staff has set district/regional alignments for all sports. You may browse them using the links below. Click on the map icons shown throughout the listings to redraw the map with a geographical overview of the selected group.
Update (11/18/2016): the listings below have been updated and reflect all appeals granted by the Board of Control.
There are eight alignments in Division I for the 2017-2021 classification cycle.
- Football: participating schools, six classes, split evenly
- Boys' Basketball, Girls' Basketball, Baseball, Softball: all schools, three classes, split evenly
- Volleyball: participating schools, three classes, split evenly
- Soccer, Girls' Soccer: Participating schools, three classes, split evenly
- Boys' Cross Country, Girls' Cross Country, Boys' Track and Field, Girls' Track and Field, Boys' Golf, Girls' Golf, Boys' Tennis, Girls' Tennis: participating schools, two classes, split evenly
- Wrestling (Individuals), Wrestling (Duals): based on Basketball/Baseball/Softball alignment, Class A and AA combined
- Bowling, Girls' Bowling: participating schools, one class
There are four alignments in Division II for the 2017-2021 classification cycle.
There were only two Division II schools that sponsored competitors in the sport of Girls' Wrestling during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 school years. Board action is to combine all schools for the purposes of the Girls' Wrestling championship series.
Member schools were given the opportunity to appeal their school's placement at the Board of Control meeting on Thursday, November 17, 2016 if they felt they had a legitimate reason for being placed with a different group of schools.
TSSAA will reevaluate every member school's enrollment after two years (Fall 2018). Schools that have a 20% decrease or increase from their Fall 2016 enrollment--and the change in enrollment would cause them to move to another class--will be moved to the appropriate class for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years.