- The State Cross Country Meet will be held at the Percy Warner Steeplechase Cross Country Course in Nashville, Tennessee. As voted by the coaches and approved by the TSSAA Board of Control, the State Cross Country Meets will be 5 Kilometers (3.1 Miles). The schedule for the State Cross Country Meet on Saturday, November 5 is:
Class A-AA Girls': 10:00 AM CT Class A-AA Boys': 10:45 AM CT Class A-AA Awards Ceremony: 11:35 AM CT DII-AA Girls': 11:30 AM CT DII-AA Boys': 12:05 PM CT DII-AA Awards Ceremony: 12:45 PM CT DII-A Girls': 12:40 PM CT DII-A Boys': 1:15 PM CT DII-A Awards Ceremony: 1:45 PM CT Class AAA Girls': 1:40 PM CT Class AAA Boys': 2:20 PM CT Class AAA Awards Ceremony: The ceremony will begin once results are tallied.
- In Division I, the first ten finishers in the regional meet in each class shall qualify for the state meet. In addition, other members of the top three teams in each classification beyond the first ten finishers shall also qualify for the state meet. No school shall qualify more than seven runners for the state cross country meet.In Division II Class A, the first 10 finishers in the regional meet in each class shall qualify for the state meet. In addition, other members of the top four teams shall also qualify for the state. No school shall qualify more than seven runners for the state cross country meet.In Division II Class AA the deadline for submitting entries online is October 28, 2016 (Click here for the Online Entry Form.). No school shall qualify more than seven runners for the state cross country meet.
- Tickets are $10.00.
- TEAM PACKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR COACHES TO PICK UP ON FRIDAY, PRIOR TO THE STATE MEET, AT THE COURSE WALK-THROUGH. If you pick up your team packet on Friday, you will not need to check in again on Saturday. If you do not pick up your packet on Friday, it will be available at a participating school tent that is set up outside the meet area on the Southeast side of the course, and you will need to check in at this tent. All participants will receive passes which will allow them to be admitted into the event. Coaches of participating teams will also receive passes that will allow them into the event. The team packet will be given to the TEAM coach. We cannot allow participants to pick up passes individually. The team packet will contain a bib number and a hip number for each athlete, pins, a map of the course, box assignments, and additional guidelines concerning the meet.
In Division I, participating teams will receive a bib number and a hip number for each athlete and three passes for the coaches. In Division II, participating teams will receive a bib number for each athlete and three passes for the coaches. In Division I, individual runners will receive a bib number and a hip number for each athlete and two passes for the coach. In Division II, individual runners will receive a bib number for each athlete and two passes for the coach. Every coach and participant MUST have a pass and each athlete MUST have a bib number in order to enter through the gate. The 2016-17 Championship Event Card will provide complimentary admittance for the state meet. Each member school received two event cards. This card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD. The TACA card will provide complimentary admittance for the state meet and this card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD. These are the ONLY acceptable cards/passes for complimentary admittance to the state meet.
- Runners will be allowed to preview Percy Warner Park Steeplechase Cross Country Course on Friday prior to the state meet. The course will be open from 1:00 PM CST until 5:00 PM CST only. Coaches are asked to supervise their student-athletes and make sure the course is maintained because it will already be set up for the meet on Saturday. We need all coaches to make sure that their team does not show up earlier than 1:00 PM CST and are gone by 5:00 PM CST. Jim Kaiser will be the individual in charge of the course inspection on Friday, and everyone must follow his directions. Team Packets will be available for coaches to pick up at the course walk-through on Friday, 1:00 PM CST until 4:00 PM CST. Picking your packet up on Friday, prior to the meet, should give you more flexibility with parking and coordinating the arrival of your team on Saturday.
- The State Meet Director is Anthony Motta.
- Schools are responsible for making their own hotel arrangements. There are hotels located at the I-65/Harding Place Exit and the I-65/Old Hickory Blvd. Exit, which are close to the State Meet. Hotels offering special rates for the state meet are as follows:
Hilton Suites Brentwood 9000 Overlook Blvd. Brentwood, TN 37027 Contact: Kristina Ponder - (615) 376-3307