LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL MINUTES
March 11, 2015
- Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
- No Old Business
- New Business
- Voted to table proposed change to TSSAA Constitution Article III (Board of Control) and Article IV (Legislative Council) until the public/private school issue is decided.
- Voted to hold a special called meeting of the Legislative Council prior to next school year to decide on all the private/public school issues at one time. The date and site of the meeting has yet to be determined.
- Voted to Approve proposed revision to Article II, Section 25 (Home School Rule) of the TSSAA Bylaws:
The two revisions in this bylaw will give home school students enrolled in umbrella programs the opportunity to tryout at their zoned school. It will also help the member schools ensure more academic accountability.
- Voted to Approve proposed revisions to Article IV, Section 8 (TMSAA Sports Calendar):
The changes in the TMSAA Sports Calendar are editorial and would base important dates on the NFHS Standardized Calendar, using the same language as the TSSAA Calendar.