LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL MINUTES
March 12, 2014
- Roll Call
- Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
- Old Business
- Voted to approve proposal from Northeast High School and Science Hill High School to add the sport of Girls’ Wrestling.
- New Business
- Took no action on proposals from Seymour High School and St. George’s Independent School to add the sports of boys’ and girls’ lacrosse.
- Proposed change to Article VII of the TSSAA Constitution
Approved request from Forrest, Marshall County, and Cornersville High Schools to move from Athletic District 4 to Athletic District 6. This is in regards to Athletic Districts as they are applied in Article II of the Constitution for administration purposes only.
- Denied Proposed Change from Brentwood High School to Article II, Section 6 (Eight-Semester Rule) requesting that students who are 14 months or more younger than the grade level he/she is in be allowed to repeat a grade level without penalty of their eligibility.
- Reviewed Proposed Addition to TSSAA/TMSAA Heat Policy regarding Football Practice
- Voted to table Proposed Change in Article I, Section 3 from Trousdale County & Lewis County and voted to create a Study Committee to help gather additional information regarding this proposal.