LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL AGENDA
March 12, 2014
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
- Old Business
- Proposal from Northeast High School and Science Hill High School to add the sport of Girls’ Wrestling.
- New Business
- Proposal from Seymour High School and St. George’s Independent School to add the sports of boys’ and girls’ lacrosse.
- Proposed change in Article VII of the TSSAA Constitution
Forrest High School, Marshall County High School, and Cornersville High School are requesting to move from Athletic District 4 to Athletic District 6.
- Proposed change to Article II, Section 6 (Eight-Semester Rule)
Brentwood High School is requesting that students who are 14 months or more younger than the grade level he/she is in be allowed to repeat a grade level without penalty to their eligibility.
- Proposed addition to the TSSAA/TMSAA Heat Policy regarding Football Practice
The TSSAA Staff is proposing and will explain an addition to the TSSAA/TMSAA Sports Calendar concerning two-a-day football practice.
- Proposed changed in Article I, Section 3
Trousdale County High School and Lewis County High School have submitted letters requesting a change in Article I, Section 3 of the TSSAA Bylaws effective with the 2015-16 school year.
- Litigation Report