BOARD OF CONTROL MINUTES
November 12, 2015
- Roll Call
- Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
- Voted to give the state office staff permission to conduct the draw for the State Wrestling Tournament.
- Heard a Review of the 2015 Regional Meetings
- Heard Review of 2015 Fall Sports state tournament events in golf, volleyball, girls’ soccer, and cross country.
- Staff updated the Board on the Regional Basketball Sites for 2015-16 and requested help from the Board in gathering the missing sites.
- Approved TSSAA Membership Contracts for 2015-16
- Voted to not allow schools to participate in posteason competition until any outstanding fines or membership dues are paid.
- Heard an Update from the TSSAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
- Approved Highland Rim Academy’s Request for TSSAA and TMSAA Membership. Highland Rim Academy is a Category II School in Cookeville, TN, licensed through the Tennessee Department of Education. They have a current enrollment of 20 students in grades 6 through 8 and 15 students in grades 9 through 12. The school plans to seek permission to form cooperative agreements with other schools in the area.
- Approved Background Checks on TSSAA Registered Officials every year.
- Heard an Update on the TMSAA Cross Country Championships
- Approved Providence Christian Academy’s Request for TSSAA Membership for the 2016-17 School Year. Providence Christian Academy is located in Murfreesboro, TN, and it is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Association of Christian Schools International. They have a current enrollment of 48 students in grades 9 through 12. The school plans to participate in Division II in the sports for boys’ and girls’ golf, boys’ and girls’ tennis, boys’ and girls’ cross country, girls’ volleyball, boys’ and girls’ basketball, and boys’ soccer.
- Approved St. Andrew’s-Sewanee’s request for an exception regarding the number of Individual Wrestling Tournaments in which they may participate, provided the school does not exceed 18 regular season dates and no individual participates in more than 55 regular season matches.