BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
March 12, 2019
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Election of Officers
- 2018 BlueCross Bowl Team Allotment Report
- Financial Report of the 2019 State Bowling Tournament
- Financial Report of the 2018 TSSAA Hall of Champions Games
- Hunters Lane High School Appeals Ineligible Player Fine
- TSSAA Catastrophic Insurance
- Tennessee Golf Association and Tennessee Golf Foundation
Discussion about a potential partnership with the TGA (Tennessee Golf Association) and the TGF (Tennessee Golf Foundation) in regards to areas in which the TGA and TSSAA may work together.
- Natchez Trace Youth Academy Requests Classification Change
Natchez Trace Youth Academy is a private boarding school, located in Waverly, TN. They are currently classified as DI, Class A, Region 6, District 11. With the changes in classification they were moved to DII, Class A, Middle Region, District 4 for the 2019-2020 school year. The school is closer to over half of the schools in the West Region, District 5. All of the school’s games are away games, so they feel it would be less of a hardship for them to play in the West Region, District 5.
- Macon Christian Academy Requests Cooperative Approval
Macon Christian Academy is requesting to continue their cooperative agreement with Macon County High School.
- South Pittsburg High School and St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School Request Cooperative Approval in Girls’ Softball
- Lakeway Christian Academy Requests to Renew Membership
Lakeway Christian Academy is requesting to renew their membership for the 2019-20 school year. Lakeway Christian is fully accredited by ACSI and AdvanEd. It is a 6-12 school in Morristown with an estimated enrollment of 200 students in 2019-20. Since the school was previously approved for membership and withdrew, the TSSAA Bylaws require that they must be an affiliate member for one year upon application to renew membership. If approved, the school will not be classified in football since the next two-year cycle has been set and contracts signed. The school will be placed in Division II, Class A, East Region, District 1 in all other sports.
- Samuel Everett School of Innovation Requests TSSAA Membership
This is a K-12 public school under the Blount County Board of Education. They currently have a total enrollment of 147 students and are expecting to reach 200 next year.
- Football Sports Calendar – Summer
A proposed addition to the summer football Sports Calendar will be considered by the Legislative Council.
- Football Spring Practice Regulations
A proposed addition to the Football Spring Practice Regulations will be considered by the Legislative Council. It is a recommendation from the TSSAA and the Tennessee Football Coaches Association.
- InsideOut Initiative Update
The staff will update members of the Board on our InsideOut Initiative which is sponsored by the Tennessee Titans and the NFL Foundation.
- Litigation Report
- NCAA/NFHS Summer Basketball Events
The NCAA and NFHS, along with state associations, will be hosting summer basketball events to give college coaches the opportunity to see potential college prospects. TSSAA has been working with the basketball coaches’ association, and the Board will receive an update.
- Berean Christian School Cooperative Agreement Request
Berean Christian School is requesting that their current student-athletes be allowed to finish their cooperative agreements with the current school programs.
- Blyth Templeton Academy Requests TSSAA and TMSAA Membership
This is a small private school in downtown Nashville with 80 students in grades 5-12. If approved, Blythe Templeton would compete in cross country, golf, soccer, and volleyball. They will be placed in Division II, Class A, District 4 beginning in Fall 2019.