BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
June 4-6, 2019
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Drawing for Regional and State Volleyball Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2019 Basketball Tournament Series
- Financial Report of the 2019 Wrestling Tournament Series
- Report of the 2019 Athletic Directors Conference
- Report of the 2019 Cheer Coaches Conference
- Sportsmanship – Review of the 2018-2019 School Year
This completes the 28th year of the sportsmanship program and we continue to approach this area from many different aspects each year. A full report is always given to the Board of Control by the staff in regard to the number of coaches ejected, disciplinary action, unsportsmanlike incidents investigated, etc. This allows us to review our approach to this very critical area in all of our sports. In addition, we will review the 24th year of the A.F. Bridges Program. The Board of Control normally allocates $27,000.00 for the athletic programs in the 27 schools with each school receiving $1,000.00
- Report of the Finance Committee
- Division II Need-Based Financial Aid Final Report
- Administrators’ Meetings Schedule
- Division I and Division II 2019 State Basketball Tournament Allotments
- Media Update
As you are aware, we launched the TSSAA Network eight years ago. Matthew Gillespie will provide an update of our progress.
- TSSAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee Update
- TACA Cards
- TMSAA Championship Events Report
The TMSAA held state championships in Cross Country, Basketball, and Track and Field during the 2018-19 school year.
- Girls’ Soccer/Soccer Post-Season Overtime Procedure
The Soccer Coaches Advisory Committee has been working with the state office to adjust the overtime procedure for the post-season.
- Girls’ Soccer/Soccer State Tournament Coaches Polling
The state office conducted a coaches poll for girls’ soccer/soccer coaches who made the region finals. Results of the poll and how it was conducted will be shared with the Board of Control.
- NFHS Coaches Education Course Adjustments
The cost to complete the Coaches Education Program by non-faculty and classified employee coaches was $250 for 17 years. We reduced the price to $130.00 when the courses went online in 2013. Due to the rising cost of insurance for coaches, the fee will increase to $150.00 this upcoming school year.
- Wilson Sports Contract Renewal
The ball contract with Wilson Sports ends at the conclusion of the 2019-20 school year. TSSAA staff met with representatives from Wilson on May 9 and discussed the possibility of an extension. Their proposal will be provided to the Board.
- John Overton High School Appeals Sanctions
John Overton High School will be present to appeal the sanctions placed on the school on November 1, 2018, due to the incident that occurred between John Overton High School and Antioch High School during their football contest on October 26, 2018.
- Wayne County High School Requests Exception to Cooperative Program Rule in Soccer and Girls’ Soccer
- Berean Christian School Requests to Continue Co-Op
The request is to allow two student-athletes to finish out their high school careers on the current softball and baseball co-op teams with Gibbs High School. The school administration will be present to address the members of the Board.
- Concord Christian School Appeals Cooperative Program Rule
- DII AA Brackets
The proposed DII AA brackets for the next four years for all sports except football. Football has agreed to a 2 Region set up with MBA and JPII going to the West for the first two years. The top four teams from each Region will move to the playoffs with #1E hosting #4W, #2E hosting #3W, #1W hosting #4E, and #2W hosting #3E.
- Technology Update
- Litigation Report