BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
June 9-11, 2015
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Drawing for Regional and State Volleyball Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2015 Basketball Tournament Series
- Financial Report of the 2015 Wrestling Tournament Series
- Report of the 2015 Athletic Directors Conference
- Report of the 2015 Cheer Coaches Conference
- Report of the District and Regional Coordinators
- Sportsmanship – Review of the 2014-2015 School Year
This completes the 24th year of the sportsmanship program and we continue to approach this area from many different aspects each year. A full report is always given to the Board of Control by the staff in regard to the number of coaches ejected, disciplinary action, unsportsmanlike incidents investigated, etc. This allows us to review our approach to this very critical area in all of our sports. In addition, we will review the 20th year of the A.F. Bridges Program.
- Report of the Finance Committee
- Division II Need-Based Financial Aid Final Report
- Administrators’ Meetings Schedule
- Regional Basketball Sites
- Division I and Division II 2015 State Basketball Tournament Allotments
- Media Update
As you are aware, we launched the TSSAA Network five years ago. An update regarding PlayOn Sports and the NFHS Network will be provided.
- TSSAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee Update
- TACA Cards
- Huddle, Inc.
- DII Committee Meeting Update
- Official Appeals Suspension of Registration
- Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce Requests an Extension to Host the Girls’ State Soccer Championships
The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce is requesting to extend the January 11, 2013, contract to host the 2015-2016 Girls’ State Soccer Championships with the same terms and conditions that were agreed upon in 2013.
- Sudden Cardiac Death Legislation
A bill has been passed in the Legislature that mirrors the Concussion Bill. All coaches must have sudden cardiac arrest training yearly. Parents and student-athletes must receive education annually and sign off on forms, stating they have received all of the information concerning sudden cardiac arrest.
- Dayspring Academy Requests TSSAA/TMSAA Membership
Dayspring Academy is a private school in Greenbrier, TN. It has a current enrollment of approximately 100 students in Preschool through grade 12. If approved, the school plans to participate in basketball, soccer, bowling, and cross country. They are also interested in co-oping with a local school in baseball and softball.
- Official’s Evaluation Form
Provided to the Board is a copy of the Official’s Evaluation Form that coaches in all sports will be able to complete on the Arbiter and submit to their local Assignor or Supervisor.
- Post-season Tournament Admission Fees in Soccer
- Division II, Class A Football Bracket
- District 12 AAA Request Change in Basketball Tournament Format
District 12AAA is requesting they be allowed to play three games per night on Tuesday and Wednesday during their tournament next year.
- Region 6 AAA Request Change in Basketball Tournament Format
Region 6AAA is requesting they be allowed to play their regional tournament at one site the next two years. They have made the same request the past two years, and it was approved by the Board.
- Natchez Trace Youth Academy Requests TSSAA Membership
Natchez Trace Youth Academy is a Category 1-SP non-public school for boys in grades 7-12. It is a year round residential treatment facility in Waverly. They currently have 72 students enrolled in grades 9-12. If approved, they plan to participate in basketball and football. They will not be eligible for the football playoffs until the 2017-2018 school year due to regional scheduling conflicts.
- Football Limited Contact Meeting Update
- Litigation Report