BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
January 11, 2018
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Report of the 2017 Boys’ and Girls’ State Golf Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2017 Girls’ Volleyball Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2017 Girls’ Soccer Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2017 State Cross Country Meet
- Financial Report of the 2017 Cheer and Dance Competition
- Financial Report of the 2017 Football Playoffs
- 2018-19 & 2019-20 TSSAA Calendars
- Drawing for the Regional and State Tennis Tournaments
- Action of the Legislative Council
The staff will discuss the actions taken by the Council at the December 6, 2017 meeting with members of the Board.
- Tennessee Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
Mark Reeves will provide an updated to the Board regarding the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee.
- Technology Update
Bradley Lambert, TSSAA Technology Director, will provide the Board with an update.
- InsideOut Initiative
TSSAA has been working with the Tennessee Titans Foundation and NFL to promote an initiative highlighting Educational Athletics.
- Contract of the Executive Director
- Knoxville Catholic High School Requests to Move to Division II
The administration of Knoxville Catholic High School is requesting to move from Division I to Division II. The administration will appear before the Board to explain their request.
- Crosstown High School Requests TSSAA Membership
Crosstown High School is requesting to become a member of TSSAA beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. Crosstown High School is a new public charter school under the Shelby County Board of Education. It plans to open with 9th graders the first year and add a grade each year. Projected enrollment is 150 students. If approved, they will participate in Division I, Class A, District 15 in basketball, baseball, volleyball, and softball, West (Small) in track and field, cross country, golf, and tennis, and District 19 in Bowling.
- Grace Christian Academy (Franklin) Requests to Move to Division II
The administration of Grace Christian Academy (Franklin) is requesting to move from Division I to Division II. The administration will appear before the Board to explain their request.
- Litigation Report
- Hardship Appeals