BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
August 15, 2016
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Sites for Tournaments and Meets
It has been the policy of the Board of Control to authorize the Executive Director to select sites and make plans for conducting regional and state tournaments or meets in golf, tennis, cross country, track and field, baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, soccer, and bowling
- Financial Report for Baseball
- Financial Report for Softball
- Financial Report for Soccer
- Financial Report for Track and Field
- Financial Report for Tennis
- Spring Fling Report
The staff will provide an update of the 2016 Spring Fling and will provide a financial report. We will also include financial information from the 2015 Spring Fling in order to make a comparison.
- Auditor’s Report of the 2015-16 School Year
If available, we will provide copies of the official audit for the 2015-2016 school year to the Board of Control at the August 15th meeting, along with a complete review of the auditor’s report. We will provide this information in our next meeting if the auditor has not completed the report.
- 2016-17 TSSAA Budget
If our audit has been completed, we will submit a proposed budget for the 2016-2017 school year. The proposed budget must be approved by the Board of Control.
- Cooperative Programs Approved during the 2015-16 School Year
- Marketing Program Update
- Student Services/The Right Team Update
- A.F. Bridges Sportsmanship Awards Program
We have begun selecting the 27 member schools that will receive our sportsmanship awards for the 2015-2016 school year. A complete report will be given to Board members. The Board voted to allocate $27,000.00 to provide scholarships for student-athletes in the 27 schools during their June meeting. The Board needs to make a determination on how these funds will be distributed.
- NFHS Coaches Award Program
There will be awards given for coaches of the year (male and female) from each state, section, and at the national level, as well as contributor of the year. A list of our state award recipients for 2015-16 will be given to members of the Board.
- Report on Officials’ Basketball Camps
- Approval for Financial Aid for the 2016-17 School Year
- Update on Regional Basketball Sites for the 2016-17 School Year
- Administrators’ Meetings Schedule for 2016-17
- BlueCross BlueShield Championship Update
We have completed the fifth year of this award sponsored by our corporate sponsors, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.
- Technology Update
- Role of Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
- Closing of George Washington Carver High School
- Closing of Memphis Northside High School
- Assignors’ Fees
- Baseball Pitch Count
The NFHS Baseball Rules Committee passed a policy which states that all state associations must develop its own pitching restriction policy based on the number of pitches thrown during a game to afford pitchers a required rest period between pitching appearances. Staff has been working with TACA and will update the Board.
- Football Practice Regulations
In July, our office was made aware that some schools were engaging in 7 on 7 Football Competition without requiring players to wear helmets. For player safety, the staff is recommending it be added to the “Football Regulations” that it is required that helmets be worn during any football practice or activity that involves contact, including 7 on 7 competition.
- Football Regulations (Clocks and Fields)
- McCallie and Baylor School Appeal DII Football Classification
McCallie School and Baylor School are asking the Board of Control to reconsider their decision to accept the DII Committee/Staff recommendation to have 3 classes – split evenly.
- Litigation Report
- Offical Appeals & Hardship Appeals