BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
August 17, 2015
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Sites for Tournaments and Meets
It has been the policy of the Board of Control to authorize the Executive Director to select sites and make plans for conducting regional and state tournaments or meets in golf, tennis, cross country, track and field, baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, soccer, and bowling
- Financial Report for Baseball
- Financial Report for Softball
- Financial Report for Soccer
- Financial Report for Track and Field
- Financial Report for Tennis
- Spring Fling Report
- Auditor’s Report
If available, we will provide copies of the official audit for the 2014-2015 school year to the Board of Control at the August 17th meeting, along with a complete review of the auditor’s report. We will provide this information in our next meeting if the auditor has not completed the report.
- 2015-16 TSSAA Budget
If our audit has been completed, we will submit a proposed budget for the 2015-2016 school year. The proposed budget must be approved by the Board of Control.
- Cooperative Programs Approved during the 2014-15 School Year
- Marketing Program Update
- Student Services/The Right Team Update
Update about the number of schools as well as the number of students our Right Team Program was involved with during the 2014-2015 school year. This is one of the best programs that our organization has in place. Stephen Bargatze, Paul Griffith, and Courtney Brunetz are in charge of this program.
- A.F. Bridges Sportsmanship Awards Program
We have begun selecting the 27 member schools that will receive our sportsmanship awards for the 2014-2015 school year. A complete report will be given to Board members. The Board voted to allocate $27,000.00 to provide scholarships for student-athletes in the 27 schools during their June meeting.
- NFHS Coaches Award Program
- Report on Officials’ Basketball Camps
- Approval for Financial Aid for the 2015-16 School Year
- Update on Regional Basketball Sites for the 2015-16 School Year
- Administrators’ Meetings Schedule for 2015-16
- BlueCross BlueShield Championship Update
We have completed the fourth year of this award sponsored by our corporate sponsors, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.
- Technology Update
- Brentwood High School Proposes Changes to Girls’ Wrestling/Wrestling
Brentwood High School proposes to remove the current option for girls to be allowed to compete against boys in the sport of Wrestling. Currently, girls may choose to compete against boys during the regular season with the understanding that they will not be eligible to qualify for the TSSAA Girls State Championship
- Official Appeals Suspension of Registration
- Station Camp High School Requests Waiver of Independent Game Participation Rule in Soccer
The administration at Station Camp High School is asking the Board to allow one of their girls’ soccer players to continue participating with her elite team and play on their school team during the season.
- Post-Season Tournament Admission & Officials’ Fees
- Nolensville High School Requests Membership
Nolensville High School is requesting TSSAA membership effective with the 2016-2017 school year. It will be a new school with an expected enrollment of about 550 students in its first year with grades 9 and 10 only. If approved, they plan to participate on the JV level in football during their first year and on the varsity level in the fall of 2017. They will be placed in Region 4, 2A for football. They will participate on the varsity level in all other sports in Division I, Class AA, District 12, Region 6.
- Pathways in Education Requests TSSAA Membership
Pathways in Education is requesting TSSAA membership effective with the 2015-2016 school year. Pathways in Education is a Category 1 accredited school located in Memphis. If approved, they plan to seek a cooperative agreement with another member school.
- TMSAA Soccer Premier League Exception
In March 2015, the Board granted an exception allowing TSSAA student-athletes to participate in the league during girls’ soccer season. The same situation is occurring at the middle school level and needs Board consideration.
- Role of Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
An update of the items our Sports Medicine Advisory Committee will consider during their meeting in October will be provided. The staff will explain their role and how valuable they are to our organization.
- Post Season Official Assignments
- Christ’s Legacy Requests TSSAA Membership
Christ’s Legacy Academy is requesting TSSAA membership effective with the 2015-2016 school year. Christ’s Legacy Academy is licensed through the Tennessee Department of Education as a Category 2 school accredited by ACSI. Christ’s Legacy Academy has a current enrollment of twenty-two (22) students in grades 9-12. If approved, the school plans to seek permission to form a cooperative agreement with another member school in the area.
- Pathways in Education – Whitehaven Requests TSSAA Membership
Pathways in Education – Whitehaven is requesting TSSAA membership effective with the 2015-2016 school year. Pathways in Education – Whitehaven is a Category 1 accredited school located in Memphis. If approved, they plan to seek a cooperative agreement with another member school.
- Litigation Report
- Hardship Appeals
A chart of all post-season tournament admission and officials’ fess that will be posted on the TSSAA website will be provided. This was requested by the Board of Control at their June meeting.