BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
August 11, 2014
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Sites for Tournaments and Meets
It has been the policy of the Board of Control to authorize the Executive Director to select sites and make plans for conducting regional and state tournaments or meets in golf, tennis, cross country, track and field, baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, soccer, and bowling.
- Financial Report of Baseball
- Financial Report of Softball
- Financial Report of Soccer
- Financial Report of Track and Field
- Financial Report of Tennis
- Spring Fling Report
- Auditor’s Report for the 2013-14 School Year
If available, we will provide copies of the official audit for the 2013-14 school year to the Board of Control at the meeting, along with a complete review of the auditor’s report. We will provide this information in our next meeting if they auditor has not completed the report.
- 2014-15 TSSAA Budget
If our audit has been completed, we will submit a proposed budges for the 2014-15 School Year. The proposed budget must be
- Cooperative Programs Approved during the 2013-14 School Year
- Marketing Update
- Student Services/The Right Team Update
- A.F. Bridges Sportsmanship Awards Program
We have begun selecting the 27 member schools that will receive our sportsmanship awards for the 2013-14 school year. The Athletic District Committees have been established and individual award winners from each district are in the process of being determined. A complete report will be given to Board members. The Board has traditionally allocated $27,000.00 to provide scholarships for student-athletes in the 27 schools.
- NFHS Coaches Award Program
- Report on Officials’ Basketball Camps
- Approval of Financial Aid for the 2014-15 School Year
- Update on Regional Basketball Sites for the 2014-15 School Year
- Administrators’ Meetings Schedule for 2014-15
- BlueCross BlueShield Championship Update
- Technology Update
- Media Regulations
- Football Classification
- Northeast Middle School Academic Academy Request Transfer Rule Exemption
- Wilson Sporting Goods Request Ball Contract Extension
- KIPP: Nashville Collegiate High School Requests TSSAA Membership
KIPP: Nashville Collegiate High School is a new school under the jurisdiction of the Metro Nashville Board of Education. Beginning with the 2014-15 School year, they have 9th grade only. Plans are to add a grade each year. The anticipated enrollment in grades 9-12 is 450 students. If approved, they plan to compete in track & field and soccer.
- Dobyns-Bennett High School Requests Football Game Admission Waiver
Dobyns-Bennett High School is asking the Board to consider allowing members of the Tennessee Football Coaches Association free admission into all football contests.
- W.E.B. Dubois Middle/High School Requests TSSAA Membership
W.E.B. Dubois Middle/High School is a charter school in Whitehaven. It has been in existence for two years and currently has grades K-10. They anticipate an enrollment of 90-150 students in grades 9-10 this school year. If approved they plan to offer every sport sanctioned by the Association.
- Litigation Report
- Hardship Appeals
- TSSAA Wrestling Regulations (Division II Regional Qualifying Events)