Schools qualifying for the 2017 State Golf Championships will be responsible for making their own hotel accommodations. The Division I Small Class State Golf Championships are September 26 and 27; the Division I Large Class State Golf Championships are October 3 and 4; and the Division II State Golf Championships are October 9 and 10.
When calling to make these reservations make sure they know you are with the TSSAA State Golf Championships. You will need to bring a tax exemption form along with a school-issued check to pay for these rooms. Schools will be responsible for room plus hotel/motel tax.
Children younger than 8 years of age should be accompanied by a responsible adult at ALL times. Spectator carts will NOT be allowed on the golf course during the practice or tournament rounds. The use of tobacco in any form by coaches, officials, athletes, and spectators is prohibited at TSSAA sanctioned events.
A practice round has been arranged for Division I Small Class and Division I Large Class participants only for the Monday preceding their State Championships. Due to the large number of competitors, the arranging of tee times for the practice rounds is a very challenging responsibility. If your team or individual(s) that are qualifying are not going to use a practice round on Monday, we must be notified by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday following your region competition. We will then post the tee times for the practice round for each region’s teams and individuals on the TSSAA website on Wednesday. Individuals are responsible for all golf fees for the practice round. Competitors will be charged $25.00 for 18 holes (walking). The $25.00 fee is also applicable for the weekend; however, scheduling will be the responsibility of the individual. No players who have qualified for the State Golf Championships may play after the assigned tee times for the practice round for each region’s teams and individuals on Monday prior to the championships. If you do not call and notify the state office that you will not be using a practice round time, the school will be responsible for the $25.00 fee per individual.
An optional practice round has been arranged for Division II participants only for the Sunday preceding their State Championships. Participants are responsible for securing their own tee time and will need to contact WillowBrook at (931) 728-8989. Individuals are responsible for all golf fees for the practice round. Competitors will be charged $25.00 for 18 holes (walking).
Practice Round Rules
- One 18-hole practice round will be scheduled before the state championship.
- In an effort to maintain conditions of the course and speed of play, each player may play only one ball, except each player may putt more than one ball on the putting green. Violation of this policy will result in the player and/or team being removed from the golf course and could result in further disciplinary action.
- All players shall walk and carry their bags or use a pull cart during the official practice round.
- Groups of six are not allowed. If a team has an alternate, the alternate will play with the individual qualifiers from the same region. Coaches are not permitted to play during the practice round and it is strongly recommended that the coach accompany their team during the entire practice round. Coaches should be responsible for monitoring pace of play, misconduct, and the enforcement of one practice ball rule.
- If a team or player chooses not to play in the official practice round, the coach should contact the golf course.
Please remember that proper attire shall be worn by all players. Examples of proper attire are collared shirts, walking shorts, slacks, etc. Examples of improper attire are blue jeans, tee shirts, etc.
There will be a required meeting for all Division I Small Class Coaches at 2:30 p.m. on September 25 at WillowBrook Golf Club. There will be a meeting for all Division I Large Class Coaches at 2:30 p.m. on October 2 at WillowBrook Golf Club. There will be a required meeting for all Division II Coaches at 4:00 p.m. on October 8 at WillowBrook Golf Club.