- The TSSAA State Girls’ Soccer Tournament will be held at Richard Siegel Soccer Complex in Murfreesboro from Wednesday, October 25 through Saturday, October 28, 2017. Richard Siegel Soccer Complex is located North of downtown Murfreesboro on Highway 231.
From Knoxville on I-40 – Take Highway 231 South at Lebanon towards Murfreesboro. The park is approximately 18 miles South of Lebanon on the Right. Turn right on Cherry Lane. The first park entrance on the left will be the team entrance.
From I-24 – Take Exit 78B toward Murfreesboro. Merge onto Old Fort Parkway/TN-96E. Stay straight on Old Fort Parkway/TN-96/TN-99. Continue to follow TN-96. Stay straight to go onto Memorial Blvd/US-231/TN-10. Continue to follow US-231/TN-10. Turn left on Cherry Lane. The first park entrance on the left will be the team entrance.
- The coach of a participating team may pick up their team credentials at the participating team gate entrance.
- Players in uniform for the participating teams will be admitted free of charge.The number of coaches’ passes that each school will receive will be based on the number of girls’ soccer coaches that each school has registered online with TSSAA. Coaches will need to check with their school’s athletic director to make sure that this has been done. Teams will be given a pass for each girls’ soccer coach that is registered online. ADDITIONAL PASSES WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT. Remember, each school also receives two complimentary TSSAA Championship Event Cards. These cards were sent to each school’s administration at the beginning of the school year and may be used for admission, but not access to the field.
- Vanderbilt Sports Medicine will provide athletic trainers for this event.
- A tournament squad shall be limited to 22 players. A coach can choose to dress more than 22 players; however, only 22 can be listed on the game roster. Coaches must be prepared to provide a copy of their roster for each game in which they participate. Coaches may choose to make revisions to their roster of 22 players with each subsequent round.
- All teams will need to arrive dressed for play. Restroom facilities are available at the complex.
- The top team in the bracket is the home team and will wear solid light jerseys and stockings.
- Teams will be expected to line up for a walk out approximately 5 minutes prior to each contest for the preliminary rounds. The walk out will take place approximately 10 minutes prior to the championship matches in order for each member of the team to be introduced.
- Teams interested in obtaining access to an unused field at the Richard Siegel Soccer Complex in Murfreesboro for a practice or walk through should contact Thomas Laird at 615-642-3725. Warm up areas will be designated before team competition. Access to game fields will be directed by tournament personnel.
- Tickets for each session are priced at $10 per person. TACA cards and TSSAA Championship Event cards will be accepted for admission. Anyone arriving with the team who is not in uniform or in possession of a coaches’ pass or one of the above mentioned cards will be charged the $10 entry fee for each session.
- Parking will be free during the quarterfinal and semifinal games (Wednesday-Friday). A parking fee of $5 per car will be charged during the Championship Games on Saturday, October 28. Team buses will not be charged the parking fee. The coaches’ passes that participating coaches receive in their team packet can be shown to cover parking costs for those not in team buses.
- Team Lodging: Click here for a list of available hotels and rates. Call the hotels directly to book your rooms. If you need further help, you may contact the Rutherford County Convention and Visitors Bureau in Murfreesboro at 615-278-2014 or 800-716-7560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individuals will be allowed to tape or film matches at the state tournament. All taping or filming by a school must be approved by the local Game Director, who will assign space, when available, for the school to film the match.