DIVISION II REGION GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT GUIDELINES
- Dates / Times – TSSAA does not mandate that regional tournament games be completed by a certain date prior to the First Round and Quarterfinal Round, however the dates below should be taken into account when scheduling regional tournament games. Division II Class A Quarterfinals must be completed by October 13, 2018. The Division II Class AA First Round shall take place on Tuesday, October 9, 2018. Division II Class AA Quarterfinals shall take place on Saturday, October 13, 2018. Schools can mutually agree to play earlier than the dates indicated above.
- Location of Region Tournament Games– Schools within each region shall select the sites of the region tournament games.
- Tickets / Price of Admission – Ticket prices for the tournament should be agreed upon by the schools. They are not set by TSSAA. Arrangements for tickets should be made by the host schools.
- Tournament Passes – The host school(s) along with the teams in the district should agree on the passes that will be accepted at the gate, as well as the number of passes that will be honored for players and staff of participating teams. TSSAA ID cards, TSSAA Championship Event cards, and TACA cards are not to be accepted as passes.
- Tournament Rosters – A team may dress 14 players for the region tournament. (A team may not have additional players dressed in uniforms and have them wear T-shirts or warm-ups over the uniform.)
- Game Director & Scorer – Select a director and scorer for each match. Set the fees to be paid to the director and scorer.
- 15 Minute Pre-Match Warm-Up Schedule – The following warm-up schedule shall be followed:
3 minutes - General Passing (Both Teams on their side) 6 minutes - Serving Teams Court 6 minutes - Receiving Teams Court THERE WILL BE NO SHARED SERVING OR HITTING.
- Line-Judges – Inform each team they are required to furnish a line judge. (Tournament director shall assign two adult line judges per match. No line judge may work in a match in which their school is participating.) It is recommended that TSSAA registered volleyball officials be used as line judges.
- Game Balls – The host school shall supply an approved or official volleyball for the district tournaments. The Wilson I-COR High Performance volleyball will be used at the state tournament.
- Game Officials – Officials shall be assigned by the state office. Game officials shall be paid $70 plus mileage at 15 cents per mile per official. Mileage is to be paid only if travel for the official is outside the county in which the official resides and should be based on mileage from city to city.
- Financial Arrangements – Concession revenue shall go to the host school unless otherwise agreed upon by the administration of schools in the region. TSSAA shall receive 18% of the gross gate receipts. Postseason financial forms must now be completed through the TSSAA Portal. Teams should be informed that if gate receipts do not equal expenses that participating teams will be billed equal shares for the cost of the tournament. All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
- Video / Videostream / Radio – All media equipment and personnel must be licensed and credentialed members of the press (no parents with cameras). They cannot be in an area that would interfere with play, interfere with the officials or line judges, or subject them or players to harm. They are restricted from the areas immediately behind or in front of the benches and scorekeeper’s table. In other areas, from the end of the benches of both teams, they must be at least 6 feet off the court and within three feet of the boundary defining the playing area. They many not stand beside the R1 referee stand to take photographs. During time-outs and between sets, they may not enter the court areas in front of the benches or scorekeeper’s table. If a member of the press interferes with a player’s legitimate attempt to play the ball, the whistle shall be blown by the referee and a replay awarded to the team. An exception will be made at the TSSAA State Girls’ Volleyball Tournament because of court configuration. Rules governing videostreaming or other broadcast of a postseason contest are found in the TSSAA Media Regulations.
- Tournament Awards – TSSAA provides a region champion plaque (Those schools wishing to purchase their own region runner-up plaque may contact A&M Products at (815) 875-2667.). Please check the list below to determine where the region plaque has been sent.
Class & Region School Class A East Notre Dame Class A Middle Goodpasture Class A West ECS Class AA East/Middle Harpeth Hall Class AA West Hutchison
- Submitting Region Tournament Results & First Round Match Information – Upon completion of the region tournament, please email your results to: email@example.com. In addition, first round and quarterfinal match hosts please submit the site and time of your match to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- First Round & Quarterfinal Match Guidelines – Information for teams which advance to the First Round and Quarterfinal contests, can be found here.