DIVISION II GIRLS’ SOCCER REGION TOURNAMENT GUIDELINES
- Dates / Times – TSSAA does not mandate that regional tournament games be completed by a certain date prior to the First Round and Quarterfinal Round, however the dates below should be taken into account when scheduling regional tournament games. Division II Class A Quarterfinals must be completed by October 21, 2017. The Division II Class AA First Round shall take place on Saturday, October 14, 2017. Division II Class AA Quarterfinals shall take place on Saturday, October 21, 2017. Schools can mutually agree to play earlier than the dates indicated above.
- Location of Region Tournament Games – Schools within each region shall select the sites of the region tournament games. Beginning in Fall 2018, the host team for regional, first round, and quarterfinal games must have minimum field dimensions of 110 yards x 65 yards.
- Officials – In regional tournament play, officials will be assigned by the local association that services the host school. Three man crews will be used. Fees for regional tournament officials can be found here.
- Game Administrator’s Meeting – The TSSAA Board of Control has designated that prior to any varsity contest in the sport of girls soccer, the game administrator is required to conduct a pre-game meeting with game officials, both head coaches, and security. The game administrator shall be present and visible for the duration of the game.
- Inclement Weather Guidelines – Games suspended due to conditions which make it impossible to continue play shall be continued from the point of suspension of play if less than one half of the game has been played. The same procedure shall be used if more than one half of the game has been played and the score is tied when play is suspended.
- Tie Breaking Procedures / Mercy Rule – All contests shall use the NFHS tie-breaking procedure. The Mercy Rule shall be in effect for postseason contests.
- Financial Arrangements / Reporting – TSSAA shall receive 18% of the gross gate receipts for each regional game. After paying 18% to TSSAA and game expenses, the gate is divided between the two participating teams. Postseason financial forms must now be completed through the TSSAA Portal. All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future. It shall be the duty of the principal or his/her designee to handle all financial arrangements for the game and make a financial report to the state office.
- Tickets / Price of Admission – Admission shall be $5 for regional tournament games. Arrangements for tickets should be made by the host schools.
- Tournament Passes – Agree on passes that will be accepted at the gate, as well as the number of passes that will be honored for players and staff of participating teams. TSSAA ID cards, TSSAA Championship Event cards, and TACA cards are not to be accepted as passes.
- Tournament Rosters – A team may place an unlimited number of players on the roster for region tournament play. A team may dress an unlimited number of players for region tournament play.
- Awards – TSSAA provides a region champion plaque (Those schools wishing to purchase their own region runner-up plaque may contact A&M Products at (815) 875-2667. Please check the list below to determine where the region plaque as been sent. The host of the region finals is encouraged to contact the Athletic Director of the school that received the region award and make arrangements for delivery.
Class & Region School Class A East Knoxville Webb Class A Middle BGA Class A West USJ Class AA East/Middle Baylor Class AA West Briarcrest
- Video / Videostream / Radio – All taping or filming by a school must be approved by the local Game Director, and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, for the school to tape or film. Rules governing videostreaming or other broadcast of a postseason contest are found in the TSSAA Media Regulations.
- State Tournament Program – If your team qualifies for the first round, please make arrangements to submit your team photo, school logo, and team roster prior to the quarterfinal round. Detailed instructions for submitting your teams information can be found here.
- Submitting Region Tournament Results & First Round Match Information – Upon completion of the region tournament, please email your results to: email@example.com. In addition, first round and quarterfinal match hosts please submit the site and time of your match to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- First Round & Quarterfinal Match Guidelines – Information regarding the First Round and Quarterfinal contests can be found here.