- Region winners and runners-up will meet in the Sectional on Saturday, May 20, 2017. The host school should contact the visiting team as soon as possible concerning the site and time of the sectional match. Schools may mutually agree to play the sectional earlier than the scheduled date. Sectional matches are listed below:
Site 1: Winner Region 1 vs. Second Region 2 Site 2: Winner Region 2 vs. Second Region 1 Site 3: Winner Region 3 vs. Second Region 4 Site 4: Winner Region 4 vs. Second Region 3 Site 5: Winner Region 5 vs. Second Region 6 Site 6: Winner Region 6 vs. Second Region 5 Site 7: Winner Region 7 vs. Second Region 8 Site 8: Winner Region 8 vs. Second Region 7
The sectional winners will advance to the central tournament site, May 23, 24 and 26 at Richard Siegel Park in Murfreesboro, TN.
- If the established starting time of a sectional contest between two schools conflicts with the previously scheduled Commencement Exercises of one of the schools, and that school has Senior roster player(s), then at the request of the affected school, the contest will be rescheduled for a mutually agreed upon time and site that falls within the playoff timeline established by the TSSAA. In the event the two schools do not agree on a rescheduled time and site, the TSSAA office will designate a starting game time and site.
- Tickets and Passes:
- All tickets are general admission and are $7 each. The host school is to furnish tickets.
- Each team will be allowed to admit players, managers, coaches, and other school officials with the team party without a ticket.
- The 2016-17 TSSAA Championship Event Cards are good for admission. Each school principal was sent two of these cards at the beginning of the school year. TACA (Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association) members may also be admitted upon presentation of their TACA card and a photo ID.
- The principal of the host school shall be the Game Director. The Game Director shall make a financial report based on the financial arrangements listed below:
- The Game Director will compute the expenses for the four game officials and the visiting team.
- Teams within 50 miles of the site match shall receive no expense allowance. Teams over 50 miles away shall receive 36 cents per mile, round trip, and $2 per individual for 23 people for one meal.
- The home team shall receive no expenses.
- In sectional play, the local association that services the host school will furnish officials approved by the state office. If you are hosting the sectional game, please contact the assigning officer or supervisor of the association with confirmation of date, time, and site of the sectional game. Four officials will be assigned. The substitution official will receive $60. The referee will receive $80, and each assistant referee will receive $70 in game fees. The mileage will be 15¢ per mile, per official for those traveling outside the county to the game. The assigning officer of the local association can help you determine what the total game fee for each official should be if you would like to have the checks ready for the officials at the site of the contest.
- A tournament squad shall be limited to 22 players. A coach can choose to dress more than 22 players; however only 22 can be listed on the game roster.
- Game officials and administrative cost shall be paid first before any team expense is allowed. If receipts are not sufficient to pay the officials and game expenses, no team expenses shall be paid.
- If receipts are sufficient to pay officials and game expenses, as much as can be paid should be paid toward team expenses. If any receipts remain after all expenses have been paid, they should be divided with the two participating schools and TSSAA, each receiving 33 1/3%. All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
- If your school is the host school, the financial form must now be completed through the TSSAA Portal.
- The host school shall provide the game balls.
- Video taping or filming is permitted as long as the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. All taping or filming by a school may be approved by the local Game Director and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which to tape or film. Any media entity, or school wishing to videostream or tape delay broadcast any sectional games must submit their request to the TSSAA in writing for that event. The request must be submitted at least three days prior to the event in question. If such permission is granted, a fee of $300 will be paid to the game director and shall be included as part of the gate receipts.
- The TSSAA Board of Control has designated that prior to any varsity contest in the sport of soccer, the game administrator is required to conduct a pre-game meeting with game officials, both head coaches, and security. The game administrator shall be present and visible for the duration of the game.
It is important that the coach of the team winning the Sectional game contact the TSSAA Office immediately following the game to report the score and the winner of the game using one of the following options:
- Voice Mail or Text Message: (865) 465-9495 (Please be sure to include your Sport, Class, Game Winner & Score. (Sample Text Message: Sc A-AA Winner Score))
- Fax: (615) 889-0544
- E-mail: TSSAA