- Please refer to the “TSSAA Baseball and Girls’ Softball Regulations” for tournament guidelines.
- Set dates and times for the district tournament. Notify all teams and umpires of dates and times.
- Coaches of the schools in the tournament shall select an umpire association recognized by TSSAA to work the district tournament. The entire group must have an opportunity to vote on the association to be used in the district tournament.
- Set price of admission.
- Arrange for scorer, ball boys, gate keeper and concessions.
- Purchase necessary number of softballs. The Wilson A9011 (NFHS Polycore) will be used in the TSSAA State Softball Tournament.
- Districts should determine the number of players to be allowed per team.
- Each district should establish its own financial arrangements. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT DISTRICT DIRECTORS MUST SEND 18% OF THE GROSS GATE RECEIPTS TO TSSAA. Postseason financial forms must now be completed through the TSSAA Portal . Please be aware that the District Tournament Director responsible for submitting this information upon completion of the district tournament. All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
- The TSSAA Baseball and Girls’ Softball Regulations contain information showing what teams in each class will be visitors and home teams for the tournament series this year beginning at the regional level.
- District directors will be able to access the material that should be given to the two teams that advance into the district finals here. This material contains necessary information for those teams advancing through the tournament series as well as instructions for Game Directors.
- The district championship and runner-up plaques have been shipped to the Awards Coordinator in your area.
- Video taping or filming is permitted as long as the taping or filming is for private use or used by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual’s seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own game may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a game unless its team is involved in the game. All taping or filming by a school must be approved by the local Game Director and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which to tape or film.Any media entity or school wishing to videostream or tape delay any part of the district tournament must get permission from the tournament director. If such permission is granted, a minimum fee of $250 (tape delay) or $500 (live telecast/videostream) is required. The fee will be paid to the game director and shall be included as part of the gate receipts.
- In tournament play, a suspended game shall be continued from the point of suspension at the next earliest opportunity to play. Tournament games do not have to go the full 7 innings. Coaches, plus the umpire-in-chief, can mutually agree to terminate a game early and a winner declared. Coaches must also mutually agree to the 10 run rule after 4½ innings (with the home team leading) or 5 innings in order for the rule to be enforced.
It is important that the district tournament director contact the TSSAA Office immediately following the district tournament and give us the district champion and district runner-up using one of the following options:
- Voice Mail or Text Message: (865) 465-9495 (Please be sure to include your Sport, Class, District, District Champion & District Runner-Up. (Sample Text Message: SB A 12 C: Team; R: Team))
- Fax: (615) 889-0544
- E-mail: TSSAA
Any questions concerning the tournaments can also be submitted by Fax or E-mail.