BOARD OF CONTROL MINUTES
August 12, 2013
- Roll Call
- Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
- Voted to authorize the Executive Director to select sites and make plans for conducting regional and state tournaments or meets in golf, tennis, cross country, track and field, baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, soccer, and bowling.
- Approved the Financial Report of Baseball
- Approved the Financial Report of Softball
- Approved the Financial Report of Soccer
- Approved the Financial Report of Track and Field
- Approved the Financial Report of Tennis
- Approved the Financial Report of Spring Fling
- Approved the Auditor’s Report of the 2012-13 School year
- Approved the 2013-14 TSSAA Budjet
- Reviewed the list of Cooperative Programs approved during the 2012-13 School Year
- Heard the Marketing Program Update
- Heard Update on Student Services/The Right Team
- Reviewed the list of Athletic District/Regional Coordinators
- Voted to continue to award $27,000 in scholarships to students at schools that are selected for the A.F. Bridges Sportsmanship Award.
- Voted to continue to pay the $30 membership into the National Federation Coaches’ Association for the state Coach of the Year winners for the NFHS Coaches Award Program.There are awards given for coaches of the year (male and female) from each state, section, and at the national level, as well as contributor of the year.
- Heard Report on Official’s Basketball Camps
- Approved Financial Aid for the 2013-2014 School Year. All member independent schools (Division I and Division II) were required to submit their financial aid information, as it pertains to varsity student-athletes, to the state office prior to July 22, 2013.
- Heard Update on Regional Basketball Sites for the 2013-14 School Year
- Discussed the Administrators’ Meetings Schedule for 2013-14
- Heard Update on BlueCross BlueShield Championships Series
- Heard an Update on the TSSAA NetworkViewed TSSAA Network Video that will be displayed at the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in conjunction with the TSSAA Hall of Fame exhibit. The video highlights TSSAA sports for the 2012-13 school year.
- Heard Technology UpdateA demonstration of the new TSSAA website and mobile applications was presented.
- Approved request from GRAD Academy for membership into TSSAA. GRAD Academy is located in Memphis. It is licensed through the Tennessee Department of Education operating within the Achievement School District. The school has an enrollment of 162 in its Freshman class.